SAUSALITO, CA – Weary of comparisons between the ’09 Volkswagen Routan minivan and the Microbus concept long ago deemed too costly to build, Volkswagen of America Inc. suggests its showrooms might someday feature versions of both vehicles. Executives make the concession while outlining, in vague terms, the product plan designed to help the auto maker meet its goal of delivering 800,000 U.S. unit-sales by 2018. This growth is contingent on VWA expanding its lineup, the auto maker says here ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Routan Rollout Will Fade Memory of Microbus Concept, VW Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.