Rolls-Royce & Bentley Motor Cars Ltd. has begun a slow ramp up in employment at its Crewe, U.K., facility in preparation for a dramatic increase in production during the next several years. Although the prestige car maker loses rights to the Rolls-Royce name at the end of 2003 to BMW AG, the Bentley brand will see a rapid build up. The company plans to increase car production from this year's 2,000-unit level to 9,500 by 2005. That entire amount would be all Bentleys. A spokesman for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"RR&B to Expand Work Force" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.