It all started with a pair of running shoes, Nike TN Airs, which rank among the most expensive running shoes on the market at $133. BF Goodrich engineers spotted the shoes, which feature black soles highlighted by distinctive blue inserts visible only from the bottom, and decided a color tire tread could do for a car what the TN Air does for the foot. Through consumer research, BF Goodrich discovered serious interest on the part of young car enthusiasts, most of them male, who spend ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Rubber Meets the Road in Color" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.