VIENNA â€“ ZAO Avtotor, the Russian assembler that makes several brands, will add to its mix BMW AGâ€™s X5 cross/utility vehicle and X6 sports activity coupe using semi-knocked-down kits sourced from the U.S. Avtotor already assembles the BMW 3-Series, 5-Series and X3 CUV. Christian Kremer, president of OOO BMW Russland Trading, BMWâ€™s Moscow-based import subsidiary, says assembly of the X5 and X6 will start at Avtotorâ€™s plant in Kaliningrad in July. Some 140 employees currently are ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Russiaâ€™s Avtotor to Add BMW X5, X6 CUV Assembly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.