VIENNA ‚Äď Assembly of BMW X1 compact cross/utility vehicles is under way at ZAO Avtotor in Kaliningrad, Russia. The semi-knocked-down kits are sourced from BMW AG‚Äôs plant in Leipzig, Germany. Avtotor currently produces X1s powered by 1.8L gasoline and 2.0L diesel engines. The X1 is the seventh BMW model to be built in Russia. BMW and Avtotor celebrated the assembly of the 40,000th BMW vehicle in September. The Kaliningrad facility began producing BMW cars in October 1999. Avtotor ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Russia‚Äôs Avtotor Begins BMW X1 Assembly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.