VIENNA â€“ Russiaâ€™s ZAO Avtotor, based in Kaliningrad, will launch assembly of the BMW X1 compact cross/utility vehicle in October from semi-knocked-down kits sourced from Germany. The BMW X1 sDrive18i and X1 xDrive20d will be the first versions to be assembled in Russia. Some 430 X1 units are expected to be built in Kaliningrad this year. BMW 3-, 5- and 7-Series models, as well as the X3, X5 and X6, already are being assembled from SKD kits in Kaliningrad. Through June, 4,166 BMW ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Russiaâ€™s Avtotor to Launch Assembly of BMW X1 Compact CUV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.