VIENNA â€“ OOO Avtomobilnaya Kompaniya Derways, the small Russian auto maker based in Cherkessk, will begin building Chinese-made Chongqing Lifan Industry (Group) Co. Ltd. cars from complete-knocked-down kits. The company launched assembly of the Lifan 520, called the Lifan Breez in Russia, from semi-knocked-down kits in 2007. Derways built 7,179 Lifan Breez cars last year, including 7,068 sedans and 111 hatchbacks. However, the sizable import-tax hike introduced on complete car bodies ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Russiaâ€™s Derways to Begin CKD Assembly of Lifan Cars" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.