VIENNA – Kaliningrad-based ZAO Avtotor has started the assembly of Kia Sportage SUV from completely knocked-down kits. Until now, Avtotor was assembling BMW AG and Kia Motors Corp. vehicles from semi-knocked-down kits. The company expects to assemble 2,200 BMW cars and 10,500 Kia vehicles this year. About 3,000 Kia Sportages could be exported.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Russian Auto Maker Assembles Kia Sportage" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.