NIZHNIY NOVGOROD, Russia – OAO GAZ’s Gazel and Sobol light commercial vehicles could be assembled at a vehicle plant in Chengdu, the capital of China’s Sichuan province. An official delegation from the Nizhniy Novgorod region, home to the GAZ plant, recently visited several companies in Chengdu, including an unnamed vehicle factory. “No contracts were signed at the time of the visit in China, but GAZ’s General Manager Alexey Barantsev has already sent a working group to China to tie ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Russian GAZ Considers Building Light Commercial Vehicles in China" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.