VIENNA – The Hyundai Motor Mfg. Rus plant in St. Petersburg, Russia, which launched serial production of Hyundai cars in January, will add a Kia model in mid-August. Currently, the factory manufactures the Hyundai Solaris, the Russian version of the new Accent/Verna, as a 4-door subcompact sedan and 5-door hatchback. HMMR, which is owned 30% by Korean-sibling Kia, will add serial production of its first Kia model Aug. 15. Kia initially considered about 100 names, but in the end ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Russian Hyundai Plant to Launch Kia Production, Third Shift in August" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.