NEW YORK – Sales of Mercedes-Benz’s S-Class 350 BlueTec diesel are off to a slow but encouraging start, says Bernhard Glaser, general manager for product management-Mercedes-Benz USA. Only 60 units have been sold since Mercedes’s clean-diesel flagship reached showrooms in September. Glaser declines to say what volume of the S-Class BlueTec sedan ultimately will reach, but predicts it will bring incremental sales to the brand. The diesel expands the alternative-energy choices available ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"S-Class Diesel to Find U.S. Niche, Mercedes Exec Says" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.