LOS ANGELES – From its distinctive boxy design to its straightforward marketing approach, Volvo always has been more about substance than flash. Volvo’s new S40 takes styling cues from S80 and S60. So why would this traditionally Swedish auto maker use trendy L.A. as the backdrop for the introduction of its new ’04½ S40? Because the car is unlike Volvos of the past. There’s still a focus on safety, and it carries traditional Volvo styling cues, but this car marks a significant ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"S40 A New Face for Volvo" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.