The Queensland government will begin testing Australia’s first ethanol production vehicle this month. The Saab 9-5 BioPower car is a flex-fuel version of the Saab 9-5, able to run on either E85 (a blend of 85% ethanol/15% gasoline) or gasoline from the same fuel tank. Saab Australia Pty. Ltd. has chosen the sugarcane-growing region of Queensland's Gold Coast for the vehicle’s launch. The BioPower addresses the “chicken and egg” dilemma of supply and demand when trying to bring a new ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Saab BioPower Coming to Australia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.