General Motors Corp. will offer a flex-fuel 2L turbo engine in the Saab 9-5 beginning next year. The engine is designed to run on any mixture of gasoline and ethanol (E85) and delivers 180 hp, 20% more power than the base 150-hp 2L. Saab Automobile says 9-5s equipped with the engine won’t achieve any improvement in fuel economy in European city/highway driving cycles, but the engine should be 15% more efficient at high speeds. To accommodate the mix of fuels, Saab recalibrated the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Saab to Offer Flex-Fuel 2L" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.