DETROIT -- Saab Cars apparently doesn't plan to be left behind in the race to deliver crossover vehicles to SUV-weary consumers. Proof is the new 9-3X concept, a rugged, offroad-oriented offshoot of the 9-3 coupe that the Swedan-based automaker says it will reveal at January's North American International Auto Show in Detroit. By building the 9-3X concept, Saab says it is "setting the ground rules for a new take on the crossover vehicle segment" by combining the "sporty styling of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Saab to Ride the Crossover Bandwagon" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.