Saab Automobile uses the Greater Los Angeles Auto Show this week to reveal its 9-5 Aero BioPower concept, a 310-hp show car designed to showcase the performance and environmental benefits of ethanol-fueled powerplants. The BioPower concept, based on the gasoline-powered 9-5 Aero SportCombi, uses E85 ethanol fuel to boost the output of the performance wagon’s turbocharged 2.3L 4-cyl. engine to 310 hp and 325 lb.-ft. (440 Nm) of torque, up from 260 hp and 258 lb.-ft. (350 Nm) of torque. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Saab Unveils E85-Powered 9-5 Sport Wagon" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.