TURIN — Michael Mauer has just one boss. Saab Automobile AB's new design director reports only to Chief Executive Officer Peter Augustsson. There is no cross-functional reporting to Wayne Cherry, General Motor Corp.'s vice president of design, nor to Saab's research and development or marketing chiefs. It's a rare level of responsibility enjoyed by few other design bosses and it means Mauer is involved not just in designing future Saabs but in deciding what kind of Saabs get built. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Saab's new chief designer has very definite ideas" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642