Like a shopping mall losing its anchors, the Society of Automotive Engineers will hold its 2001 World Congress and Exhibition in Detroit without five giants from the automotive supplier community. Delphi Automotive Systems Corp., Visteon Corp., Lear Corp. Dana Corp. and the Budd Co. have notified SAE that they will not exhibit at the world's largest gathering of automotive engineers March 5-8 at Detroit's Cobo Center. The reasons are many. Tier 1 suppliers are increasingly using private ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SAE Loses Major Exhibitors" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.