Lean manufacturing is hardly a new concept in automotive, but suppliers and automakers alike often take vastly divergent routes on their way to trimming waste from their operations. The Society of Automotive Engineers offers a solution: a standard approach to lean manufacturing carefully crafted from the best practices employed by about a dozen companies with a proven record in lean operations, some of them outside automotive. Participants include Dana Corp., Donnelly Corp., ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SAE Promotes Lean Standard" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.