As the global auto industry rolls out new entries in the economical B-car segment, volatile fuel prices are not a guarantee of success in the U.S. market, analysts warn. “It is, to some extent, a science experiment,” says David Cole, chairman of the Center for Automotive Research in Ann Arbor, MI. Even as crude oil prices creep past $70 per barrel and the average per-gallon price of regular unleaded gasoline hit an all-time of $3.24 in May, “fuel economy’s not an overriding ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Safety Will Trump Fuel Economy for B-Car Appeal, Experts Predict" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.