DEARBORN – Ford Motor Co. is licensing two of its active safety systems to other auto makers and suppliers. Its BeltMinder system, which chimes every 30 seconds for five minutes until the driver puts on a seatbelt, has been licensed to four other vehicle manufacturers at no cost, says Susan M. Cischke, Ford vice president-environmental and safety engineering. Research by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety shows 5% more drivers buckle up with BeltMinder. Government research ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Safety Worth Sharing" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.