SHANGHAI — Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp., which is debuting its new China-made Passat, has secured a 45% share of the Chinese car market, ranking first in China's auto industry. The corporation says it generated RMB88.29 billion (US$10.63 billion) in sales revenue in 1999, with profits reaching RMB6.2 billion (US$746 million). The automaker, which has a joint venture with Volkswagen AG, Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive Industry Co. Ltd. (SVW), formally launched its Passat sedan at the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SAIC captures 45% market share, debuts new Passat" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.