Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. signs a letter of intent with Magma Holdings Ltd. to acquire the assets of bankrupt MG Rover. The agreement calls for Magma to form a new company to restart MG Rover vehicle production at the auto maker's Longbridge, U.K., plant. PricewaterhouseCoopers, the firm handling the dissolution of MG Rover and its assets, will review the offer.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SAIC, Magma Seek Rover Assets" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.