Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. says it will sell its 20% stake in Chinese auto maker SAIC Chery Automobile due to a dispute between Chery and General Motors Corp. GM, which is SAIC’s main joint venture partner in China, says Chery appropriated the design of its Chevrolet Spark for its QQ mini-car. The Financial Times reports a top, unnamed executive at SAIC has indicated the auto maker is “angry and disappointed with Chery’s conduct, but that severing its ties with the company would ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SAIC to Sell Chery Stake Due to GM Dispute" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.