Performance-car guru Steve Saleen and his new company, SMS Supercars, are preparing to create a specialized version of the upcoming ’10 Chevrolet Camaro. Saleen got his first taste of the revived muscle car while working as a vehicle builder for the 2007 film Transformers. The Camaro, alongside a plethora of General Motors Corp. vehicles, was featured prominently in the movie. The special-edition SMS Camaro is not due in the U.S. market until sometime next year, Saleen says, declining ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Saleen Broadens Performance Game With New Company" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.