Ford Motor Co.’s U.S. light-vehicle sales took another stiff hit in August, but a better inventory picture is among the few positives, executives say. The auto maker delivered 152,118 cars and light trucks during the month, a 25.5% decline from year-ago on both a volume and daily-rate basis (27 selling days both periods). And Ford says the sales climate could get even tougher between now and year’s end. Most of the drop, as in recent preceding months, occurred on the truck side, as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Sales Down 25.5%, But Ford Says August Left Inventories in Better Shape" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.