With just three months left in the year, it appears Hyundai Motor America and Kia Motors America again could fall shy of their annual sales targets. As each continues its climb to become valid rivals to Japanese marques, Hyundai wants to hit the crucial half-million mark in the U.S. this year; sister auto maker Kia is aiming for annual sales of 300,000 units in 2006. Through September, Hyundai’s sales stood at 359,259 units, 2.9% ahead of like-2005, according to Ward’s data. Kia’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Sales Goals Again Could Elude Hyundai, Kia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.