CANBERRA – The new year started off with a bang here, as vehicle sales hit record levels in January. Auto makers delivered 61,170 new cars and trucks during the month, topping the previous high of 58,557 set just 12 months earlier. Commodore bests nearest rival by 1,000 units for large-car sales leadership. General Motors Corp.’s Holden Ltd. subsidiary led the market, with sales of 12,316 vehicles. Toyota Motor Corp. Australia Ltd., which had topped the December sales tally, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Sales Hit Record in Australia in January" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.