JOHANNESBURG, South Africa – New vehicle sales recorded double-digit growth in all sectors in South Africa in May, says the National Association of Automobile Manufacturers of South Africa. Unit sales totaled 34,345 for the month, up 27%, from year-ago’s 27,053, the NAAMSA says. Toyota led the industry in May with sales of 8,240 new vehicles. Toyota South Africa led the way with delivery of 8,420 vehicles, followed by Ford Motor Co. South Africa at 4,901 units. VW South Africa sold ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Sales Surge 27% in South Africa in May" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.