A San Francisco taxi company welcomes 10 hybrid SUVs into its family of cabs in an attempt to better the fuel economy of its fleet and keep up with the Joneses. San Francisco’s Yellow Cab Cooperative has purchased 10 Ford Escape Hybrids for its people-hauling needs, Ford Motor Co. says. The vehicles are “ideal for our company,” Yellow Cab Co-op President Nate Dwiri says. “It gets better mileage in the city than on the highway, making it perfect for our streets, and its fuel economy is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"San Francisco Yellow Cabbies Go Green" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.