SAN DIEGO, California, U.S.A. — The Koreans are getting pretty good at this game — borrow a page from the competition's playbook in designing a new vehicle, then load it up with attractive standard features that consumers might find as optional on competitive makes. Add a price that usually undercuts by thousands. The strategy must be working for Hyundai Motor America, which only two years ago was contemplating an exit from North America but now is making remarkable inroads in the U.S. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Santa Fe carves out a niche in a crowded market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.