LINARES, Spain — Since 1954, Santana Motor SA has survived a startup, bankruptcy and shutdown, plus a buyout by the government. Now the company expects to be back in the black next year by producing vehicles for Suzuki Motor Corp. Santana builds more than 35,000 Suzuki sport/utility vehicles (SUV) in southern Spain each year, with 60% of production exported. The company recently started exclusive production of the new Jimny, with both canvas and hardtop. Both vehicles go on sale in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Santana to launch Suzuki Jimny in Spain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.