SHANGHAI — Volkswagen AG achieves a 6.5% sales growth in China in 2000. Its sales of motor vehicles increased from 315,000 units in 1999 to 336,800 units in 2000, maintaining its 54% market share. The sales of luxury cars rose 300%. The German automaker's larger joint venture Shanghai-Volkswagen Automotive Co. Ltd., a 50-50 partnership with Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp., saw sales exceed 220,000 units in 2000. FAW-Volkswagen Automotive Co., a venture with First Auto Works in northeast ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Santana spurs VW rebound" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.