Cockpit supplier SAS Automotive RSA and Faurecia Front End South Africa inaugurate a new 129,000 sq.-ft (12,000 sq.-m) joint manufacturing facility on the outskirts of Pretoria. Reports say the plant, located in the Rosslyn Automotive Supplier Park, will churn out 250 front-end and cockpit modules per day for BMW AG for the redesigned 3-Series produced in South Africa. The line, currently producing 150 modules per day, is expected to reach full speed in August. SAS Automotive RSA ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SAS Automotive to Look Beyond BMW in South Africa" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.