It could've been coincidence, or just another example of the rivalry that has developed between XM Satellite Radio and CD Radio Inc., the only two companies licensed by the Federal Communications Commission to provide satellite feeds of radio broadcasts to vehicles beginning in late 2000. Last week, an announcement by CD Radio that it had signed an exclusive deal with National Public Radio soon was followed by a disclosure that an impressive alliance, including General Motors Corp. and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Satellite Radio Puts Industry in Space Race" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.