Saturn Corp., the only General Motors Corp. domestic division that is unprofitable, will be in the black around 2003 and has the potential to post annual sales of 500,000 units by 2005, company Chairwoman and President Cynthia Trudell tells Ward's. The automaker has a bright future, Ms. Trudell insists, adding that she doesn't “see” Saturn merging with GM's Oldsmobile Div., as had been rumored for a couple years. “It's not out of the realm of possibility that we could be a 500,000 unit ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Saturn Aims for Sales of 500,000" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.