Thanks to a recent hike in sales, Saturn Corp.’s outgoing Ion will stay in production about 90 days longer than planned at the auto maker’s Spring Hill, TN, plant. General Motors Corp. confirms it will continue building Ions through the end of March. The small car originally was to be phased out at the end of December. Ion sales through the first seven months climbed 2.5% to 60,969 compared with year ago’s 59,505, Ward's data shows. However, July sales fell 8.2% compared with like-2005. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Saturn Ion Gets 90-Day Reprieve" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.