Saturn Corp.'s totally revamped Wilmington, DE, plant is in a slow ramp-up mode for assembling its new large sedan and station wagon models, scheduled to appear in showrooms later this year. At the same time, intensive training of the plant's 2,500 employees is under way. “We have spent 40,000 hours of training in our new team concept in the last three weeks alone,” says Harvey Thomas, Wilmington plant manager. The interior of the old facility was completely gutted right down to the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Saturn Ramping Up to Build New Compact" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642