DETROIT – The Terminator is coming to the land of job termination. California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, a vocal critic of Detroit auto makers and a proponent of strict carbon-dioxide limits to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions, will speak April 20 to kick off SAE International’s World Congress here at Cobo Center. Although Schwarzenegger’s popularity in Detroit may be in question, his appeal to a global engineering community working to reduce fuel consumption and curb tailpipe emissions ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Schwarzenegger Speaking at SAE World Congress" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.