SAN FRANCISCO – A highly aggressive pricing strategy may prove to be the magic bullet in the launch of Scion, the auto industry’s newest brand. Scion, Toyota Motor Corp.’s new effort whose ideal customer is an alternative-minded, 22-year-old male, debuts in June with two subcompact hatchbacks: the more conventional xA and the boxy and extreme xB. Scion set pricing of its xA and xB at $12,480 and $13,680, respectively – much lower than the $16,000 target Toyota had been touting for the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Scion to Launch with Aggressive Pricing" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.