NEW YORK – The first product from Toyota Motor Corp.’s new Scion division, whose mission is to tap the enormous potential of the burgeoning youth market, arrives in the U.S. within 24 months. The first entry as part of Scion will be much like the bbx, a boxy oddity of a small SUV sold as the aptly named Black Box in Japan for the past three years. Toyota displayed the bbx at the launch of Scion at a special event at the New York Auto Show. Toyota converted a conference hall at the Jacob ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Scion Launches Nationwide in 2005" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.