TARRYTOWN, NY – Development of a fourth model for the Scion lineup could begin as early as next year, says Brian Bolain, national sales manager for Toyota Motor Corp.’s start-up youth brand. But Toyota won’t expand the lineup until after the evolution of the second-generation Scion xB, due to appear in 2007. “A fourth model wouldn’t be available before then,” he says. Bolain emphatically declares that a Scion truck or SUV is not a possibility, but some other type of vehicle – such as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Scion Mulls Fourth Model" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.