Scion is weighing the possibility of using a gas-electric hybrid powertrain in the future, says a top executive of Toyota Motor Corp.’s new youth brand. Toyota is working on hybrid for NBC platform -- the basis for the Yaris (above) and several other compact cars. “We’re absolutely talking to engineering about it,” says Jim Farley, vice president-Scion. Toyota on a global scale is looking at hybrid power for at least some vehicles off of its global New Basic Car platform, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Scion Weighs Hybrid Option" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.