WOLFSBURG, Germany – No promises, but the Volkswagen Scirocco may make it to the U.S. after all. When it bowed earlier this year at the Geneva auto show, Volkswagen of America Inc. officials quickly put to rest any thought the hot little hatchback would be imported into the U.S. The problem? VWA believed the car was too close in performance to the Golf-based GTI, and selling two models with the same specs to the same type of buyer appeared a dicey prospect. But VWA officials are ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Scirocco May Get Second Chance at U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642