MADRID – SEAT SA will slash production in the last four months of 2009 as a result of the still-slumping local market, a move that will affect up to 7,789 workers. Volkswagen AG’s Spanish arm is looking to trim 66,833 vehicles from the production schedule at its plant in Martorell, near Barcelona. Currently, SEAT is projecting sales through July at 199,448 vehicles, and it believes it should sell another 126,330 vehicles in the last five months of 2009. That total, 325,778 units, is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SEAT to Cut Production at Martorell Plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.