BARCELONA – Volkswagen AG will invest nearly €200 million ($269 million) in SEAT SA subsidiary's Martorell factory to develop and produce two new models similar in size to the VW Passat. The two new models, a 4-door sedan and station wagon, are expected to enter production late in the second quarter or early in the third quarter of 2009. SEAT is targeting combined sales of 50,000 units annually once full ramp-up has been reached, putting the new models among the brand's biggest sellers. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SEAT to Produce Two New Passat-Sized Models" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.