MADRID – SEAT SA’s new Exeo 4-door sedan, set for launch in 2009, will be based on the previous-generation Audi A4 model, sources close to parent Volkswagen AG say. The new model, which will be built at SEAT’s Martorell plant near Barcelona, also will be offered in a wagon version and be targeted to go head-to-head with Ford Motor Co.’s Mondeo in Europe’s D-segment. The D-segment remains one of Western Europe’s largest market sectors with annual sales of more than 1 million units. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"SEAT Spins New Exeo Off Previous-Gen Audi A4" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.