It was another solid month for medium- and heavy-duty truck producers in Canada, as sales in the sector jumped 6.9% on a daily rate basis to 3,869 units in October. The increase largely was driven by a 9.5% hike in Class 8 sales to 2,355 vehicles, but the medium-duty sector also delivered a positive showing, with only Class 4 and Class 7 down from year-ago. Related document: Canada Truck Sales by Weight Class - October 2008 Class 8 was led by 60.7% and 49.7% gains at Freightliner ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Second-Straight Month of Gains for Canadaâs Big-Truck Market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.