U.K. vehicle production rose 7.4% in September from year-ago to 148,097 units, as exports accelerated 19.8% to 119,249 vehicles, accounting for 80.5% of the output. Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders CEO Paul Everitt says the increase confirms a positive trend he expects to continue into 2012. “Major new investment by vehicle manufacturers is opening up opportunities for U.K.-based suppliers, helping to drive the economic recovery and private-sector investment,” Everitt says in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"September Production Boosts Encourage U.K. Auto Industry" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.