SHANGHAI — Industry insiders say General Motors Corp. is working on plans to build the Opel Corsa at its Shanghai joint-venture production facilities. Elsewhere, GM recently announced that it plans to launch the Corsa notchback sedan, which it says falls in the lower end of the mid-size segment, simultaneously in the Asian, South American and African markets in early 2000. In Asia, it plans to build the car at a plant in Halol, India, specially tailored for the Indian market. GM China ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Shanghai GM angles for small car" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.